Deros Seeker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, and welcome to Deroseeker. We are a site dedicated to Video Games and Role Playing. We hope you have an enjoyable time here, and wish you good luck.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-02-24

American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) Empty
PostSubject: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 4:25 pm

Why is it that Football is the most popular sport in the world but Americans seem to reject it as being a mans sport and rather prefer American Football. Is it because it is genuinly better and most of the world are wrong and Americans aren't, or is it simply a denial of anything other than American being superior is not acceptable by Americans as a whole?
Also why is American Football called Football by Americans and real Football is refered to as Soccer. When in "Soccer" the use of feet in the game is constantly consistant and it is the oposite in American Football?
What is your opinion on this subject and which game is truly superior without bias?
Back to top Go down
SuperSwanton
They of Many Posts
SuperSwanton

Male
Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:05 am

I cant say without bias but it is because most of the time football draws more on tv and in the stadiums to by america focusing on that sport, everyone makes a hole lot of money. Any sport can have that happen but America is afraid of change,

the change we need. So that's why you , the people, should elect Barrack Obama President!
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female
Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:02 pm

As for why it is called football, I answered that in mods room I think a long time ago. As for why it American football is looked to be more of a mans sport, Probably because their is a greater chance of injury? other thn that, I agree with SS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deroseeker.darkbb.com
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:33 pm

So you say that for something to qualify as a mans activity violence is necessary?
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that some people believe that. Mainly muscle heads on the local football team, who weigh 350 pounds, but couldn't tell you when the Declaration of Independence was written.
Back to top Go down
SuperSwanton
They of Many Posts
SuperSwanton

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Don't make fun of me!
Back to top Go down
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:03 pm

But yet Rugby isn't seen as an official sport by many American High Schools?
Back to top Go down
Legardored
Legardored

Male
Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 3:55 am

And rugby is alot more violent that American football plus there is more chance of getting injured... for the reason why I think Americans dont like football(soccer) is because they suck at it?

So all in all rugby wins... And I dont even like rugby.
Back to top Go down
SuperSwanton
They of Many Posts
SuperSwanton

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 8:17 am

my football coach would knock your teeth out.i will explain to you some other time why football is more physical than rugby
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Legardored wrote:
And rugby is alot more violent that American football plus there is more chance of getting injured... for the reason why I think Americans dont like football(soccer) is because they suck at it?

So all in all rugby wins... And I dont even like rugby.

I have come to a conclusion. First off, no, as I am really good at football(soccer) And it is because americans hate everything not american. I of course am speaking generally.
Back to top Go down
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:12 pm

Quote :
my football coach would knock your teeth out.i will explain to you some other time why football is more physical than rugby
Excuse me?! Anyone who denies the fact that Rugby is a hard contact sport even more so than American Football, has never played a match of both so as to compare.
I play Rugby regularly and I have played a few matches of American football. In Rugby I play the two predominant heavy contact positions. Prop and Second row. And I can say that the injuries players of less physical positions regularly get are anything but minor. Concussions and dislocations along with torn ligaments, brakes and fractures are an almost monthly occurrence. So much so that I know players personally who have gotten these injuries a few matches after returning from recovery from a previous injury.
In rugby no one wears protective equipment, the most you'll see is a sponge scrum cap. Injuries are high risk so much so that most schools won't allow rugby training until the pupil is at least 16. Because of insurance reasons. Also remember rugby is the number one sport in the world for spinal injuries.
So before anyone goes off and disputes which sport is rougher Rugby or American football remember some of these points. And that rugby players wear no protective gear, unlike American football players who who have a solid helmet with a mesh, a cup, solid shoulder pads, nee pads ect...
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 6:06 pm

When was somebody doubting the toughness of Rugny? was it ss?
Back to top Go down
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 6:07 pm

Read his comment above.
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 6:09 pm

What is the witchcraft you speak of known as "reading"?
Back to top Go down
SuperSwanton
They of Many Posts
SuperSwanton

Male

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:13 am

lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)   American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer) Empty

Back to top Go down

American Football Vs. Real Football (Soccer)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deros Seeker :: Chillzone :: Sport-
Jump to: