Deros Seeker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, and welcome to Deroseeker. We are a site dedicated to Video Games and Role Playing. We hope you have an enjoyable time here, and wish you good luck.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next years Super Bowl

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female
Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 pm

2 more minutes that i have seen. lol, from what ya saw, was it cool

Last edited by Spikerdude on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deroseeker.darkbb.com
SuperSwanton
They of Many Posts
SuperSwanton

Male
Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 10:04 pm

It was cool but when I watched it I didn't understand the rules when I wacthed though
Back to top Go down
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:53 am

Yeah the rule are a bit complicated ,the best way to understand the rules is to play the game.
Back to top Go down
SuperSwanton
They of Many Posts
SuperSwanton

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 1:03 am

I remember trying it in school and not liking it
Back to top Go down
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:47 am

Not everyone is going to like it. Not everyone is for it.
Back to top Go down
Alpha-Hunter
Admin
Alpha-Hunter

Male
Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:32 am

Not sure if I would like it either...
Back to top Go down
SuperSwanton
They of Many Posts
SuperSwanton

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:22 pm

well you would never know unless you tried. I like trying new sports if i am good at them
Back to top Go down
Alpha-Hunter
Admin
Alpha-Hunter

Male
Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 10:06 am

Depends on what the sport is..
Tried golf, too boring, tried Rugby, too painfull.
Tried football, just the sport for me. arnie
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 10:10 am

by football, do you mean american football, or soccer
Back to top Go down
SuperSwanton
They of Many Posts
SuperSwanton

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:34 am

that confuses me sometimes. This kid in my school in grade 6 was from europe and signed up for football and found out it was american football! lol'd so loud
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:27 pm

that would have been funny. they should include pictures or something
Back to top Go down
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Or it should just be called American Football, since that is its official name.
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:16 pm

this is not trying to offend any european members, but maybe most americans just recognize football as american football, so they don't say american football
Back to top Go down
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:57 pm

True but Soccer should be called football on Deros since the whole sport is played with the foot, whilst in American Football the foot is not constantly used like in Soccer/Football.
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 3:09 pm

i am toatly fine with calling football football. i am not brittish, but i usualy call soccer football. i always wonder why they named american football football
Back to top Go down
PhluXx
Admin
PhluXx

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Me to.
Back to top Go down
Faggot Master
Master of da' Postin'

Female

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 3:47 pm

this is from wiki answers

Why It's Called Football

Some might say, simply, "because they kick the football."
But the real story is deeper. The origin of American football is in the history of the world's most popular sport: soccer. When soccer -- more universally known as "football" (which of course makes sense because soccer players use their feet) -- players decided to change their centuries-old game with restrictions such as the no-use-of- hand rules, people who disliked this broke away to create rugby. In the states we have created our own version of the game under the same old name "football" with more of a rugby style, the whole time forgetting why we call it that.
Here are other answers:

• American football is a derivative of rugby football, and while the feet are used more often in rugby than on the gridiron, much of the game is still played by handling the ball. Both variations are still considered football.

• North America style football didn't used to allow the "forward pass" and much more of the play involved foot work, such as the "drop kick" and the running punt kick. In the first rules, only the " side pass" was allowed, as long as the two players were side by side, with no forward motion of the ball, similar to rugby rules. The Canadian Football League ( CFL ) still allows a drop kick to score a field goal, and also has a thing called a "rouge" when the kicker is able to kick the ball thru the end zone, so it lands out of play , it is worth 2 points. Both the NFL and the CFL still have the drop-kick available as a weapon - on the point-after-touchdown, or from the field for 3 points. The "rouge" is worth a single point here in Canada.

Answer

The global name for football is of course football. The global name for american football is gridiron. Gridiron is a code of handball and not football.
Football is a sport where players control the ball with their feet and only football does this. Handball is where hands are used to control a ball.
Football has been played for many centuries but had no official rules.
The british created rules for football in 1848. After that many codes of handball arose including rugger and gridiron, none of which are codes of football.
Football, known only in canada and the USA as soccer, is the worlds most popular sport.
There are many reasons for this. In football you mainly use your feet, chest and head thus making the ball always open and so the game is fast paced and demands intelligence and a vast array of techniques.
In football size is not as important as in basketball, gridiron or rugby, so anyone with skill can become good at it.
Rich and poor alike can play the game as it requires little equipment at a basic level, although at the top level it is the richest sport on earth by some way.
Football is watched and played by more than any other sport globally mainly due to the excitement of hoping to see a goal and the importance each goal scored has on the flow of the match.
Each year football becomes more popular than the year before, no other sports have ever been able to achieve this over such a long period of time.
Back to top Go down
SuperSwanton
They of Many Posts
SuperSwanton

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 5:14 pm

that explains it all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next years Super Bowl   Next years Super Bowl - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next years Super Bowl
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deros Seeker :: Chillzone :: Sport-
Jump to: